This research aims to define strategies and tools to improve the habits, knowledge and confidence of citizens towards Food Security. Dra. Alicia Coduras of Opinometre presented the main results and conclusions of the Food Safety Barometer by Opinometre October 2015
22The Opinometre Institute has been awarded the Political Opinion Barometer (BOP) for 2015, commissioned by the Centre for Studies and Opinion (CEO) of the Generalitat de Catalunya.
Recently, the CEO made a public presentation of the study results, which were reproduced in all the media both Catalans and the rest of the Spanish state.
In the following link you can access all information on the Public Opinion Barometer:
During 2014, Opinometre Institute has conducted the first barometer of religiosity and diversity management, commissioned the Centre d’Estudis d’Opinió by the Departament de Governació i Relacions Institucionals, formalized agreement by June 12, 2014 .
This fieldwork, an initiative of the Direcció General d’Afers Religiosos (DGAR), had as main objective to obtain for the first time in Catalonia, official information on perceptions and opinions of citizens regarding religious diversity and its management. This work also wanted to have information on the implementation of the different religious confessions in Catalonia; the perception of the population on religious diversity; the opinion of the population about the challenges of religious diversity on social organization, and the opinion of citizens about possible government initiatives in relation to the management of religious diversity.
Fieldwork was conducted from November 11 to December 8, 2014, with a representative sample of 1,600 completed interviews divided by province and size of municipality. The sample was also stratified within each province at odds of sex, age and origin of the interviewee.
Interviews were conducted with methodology CAPI (Computer Assisted Personal Interviewing) system through home interviews.
Client: Institute of Regional and Metropolitan Studies of Barcelona (IERMB):
The Opinometre Institute carried out the fieldwork for the 2011 edition of the Survey on Living Conditions and Habits of the Catalan Population conducted by the Institute of Regional and Metropolitan Studies of Barcelona (IERMB), the Statistical Institute of Catalonia (IDESCAT), Barcelona Metropolitan Area (AMB) and Barcelona Provincial Council.
The survey is a five-year statistical operation integrated into the Annual Programme for Statistical Action.
In the fieldwork, more than 12.000 face-to-face surveys were conducted in households in Catalonia using CAPI methodology:
- 4.230 surveys on the make-up and characteristics of the households
- 8.000 interviews with individuals
The survey’s main goal is to have a tool to:
- Collect and analyze data on income and living conditions of the population of Catalonia and its metropolitan areas (Barcelona, Lerida, Gerona, Manresa and Tarragona-Reus).
- Observe the evolutionary trends in lifestyles, social structure, social class and social stratification in the territory and to identify the distinctive territorial features.
- Understand and analyze social groups and their characteristics, identifying the factors that influence the formation of these groups and analyze the types of inequalities that exist between them, as well as the converging or diverging trends observed in their lifestyles.